Sandstone is one of the building blocks in Minecraft used for making stairs, walls, slabs etc. however, you can smelt smooth sandstone out of it to make it look even better. Here we have provided a detailed guide to how to make a smooth sandstone starting from its basic requirements. Hence, do read it till last.
In the beginning, we will start with the basic requirements for making a smooth sandstone:
How to craft sandstone?
You won’t find any sandstone as it is because you will require 4 sand blocks prior to crafting sandstone. Here are some easy steps you should follow to craft sandstone.
- You can find sand blocks near any water resource, so take a shovel and mine the sand out of those blocks. Also, remember you will require 4 of them. You can also make glass bottles out of them.
- Open the crafting menu and place the 4 sand blocks in the first two boxes of the first row and the second two boxes of the second row.
- After following these steps, you will see a sandstone formed, which you can use for making smooth sandstone, stairs, walls and many other things.
- Place the crafted sandstone in your inventory for the smooth sandstone recipe.
How to smelt smooth sandstone?
Once you have sandstone with you, now it’s time to make it smooth for a more appealing look. Follow the steps given below to make smooth sandstone.
- You will require a furnace for smelting sandstone so make sure you have one or else make one immediately.
- Open the furnace menu and place 1 block of sandstone in the top box and some fuel like coal, wood in the bottom box.
- After following these two steps you will see the smooth sandstone being made and flames appearing.
- Take it to your inventory after smelting it and use it on the stonecutter for crafting stairs or slabs out of it.
Now, you know how to make a smooth sandstone so remember it and make one or visit this blog again if you ever need any help. There are only fewer things required for this smooth sandstone recipe. Therefore, it’s easy to remember and perform.
You can also check our other articles such as polished granite and polished andesite for more information. We are also one of you gamers who love helping other beginners therefore, appreciate our work and support us.